We’ll be having some hot ship-on-planet action, possibly some landers if you’re into that sort of thing (I’m sure that’s legal, uh, tonnage). Venue Unknown! I hope to the God-Emperor that everyone gets there by 2PM , 2:30 at the latest.
Also, remember to update (and always bring!) your Deathwatch Characters as well before the XP and update post get buried under!
Oh, and be sure to read your Writ of Trade for more info on the whole Grand Endeavour thing. Aka go think about what you’ll “request” from the Sector before embarking on it.
On Profit Factor Break-Points and Specific Peer Groups
As your Explorers gain more power and prestige in the increase of their Profit Factor, so too does it become more difficult to accumulate. Once you reach a particular Break-Point, certain deeds or Endeavours will no longer increase your Profit Factor, as they become mere footnotes in your glorious history, or are too minuscule in their profit as to be insignificant to your capital. Conversely, they also grant intangible benefits to your Explorers as your sheer influence can sweep under the rug “minor” offences such as murder of random civillians or theft in the lower levels, to outright xenos retaining or associations at the highest levels.
A breakdown is below:
50 = Can no longer gain Profit Factor from Minor Endeavours or Deeds (the first time they destroy or encounter a xenos race or similar event)
70 = Can no longer gain Profit Factor from Lesser Endeavours or Deeds (rooting out pirate bases, heretic cults, one-off Cold Trade transactions)
90 = Can no longer gain Profit Factor from Greater Endeavours, Deeds or Peer Talents (discovering new planets, small business concerns such as smuggling rings or beast hunts, a good word in the halls of Scintilla, survive xenos-infested planets etc.)
110 = As this point, only the larger Meta Endeavours or the most heroic or heinous of deeds will increase you Profit Factor, such as a Crusade, exploitation of entire sectors of space (Winterscale’s Realm is an example of this), or discovery of STC fragments
Specific Peer Groups work differently from standard Peer Groups, as instead of adding a +10 to Interaction Tests, it adds one Degree of Success per rank of the Peer Talent on a successful Interaction Test with that specific group. So there are advantages to developing contacts amongst smaller or less influential groups! Rules are sourced from Enemies Within page 76.
200 = Session Complete!
100 = Successfully stopped the De Laurant funds from being (further) embezzled in House Krin
100 = Successfully held a fundraiser event for Precinct Koronus
50 = Ensured that no violence occurred during the fundraiser
50 = Enacted a final solution to the cult question
TOTAL XP = 500 XP
-1 = Capital decreases as the De Laurant Dynasty sponsors a funding effort for “Precinct Koronus”
+1 = Network of Connections expands as the De Laurant Dynasty vastly aligns with the Adeptus Arbites
+1 = Capital increases as the De Laurant Dynasty successfully sells commodities from The Pearl Moon
TOTAL PROFIT FACTOR = 47
- Your Explorers have made a new rival due to undercutting a Rogue Trader on a purchase of Torpedoes. But who? WHOOOOO!?
- A party has taken interest in your activities…
Peers and Enemies
- All Explorers gain Peer (Adeptus Arbites) for gathering the support of Rogue Traders to their cause
- All Explorers gain Peer (Adeptus Arbites [Precinct Koronus]) for their personal support to their fledgling power base
Reputation – Gain a bonus 75 Achievement Points when performing Endeavours of achieved Reputation
- Military (Naval)
- 460/ 1000 Achievement Points requirement (100 added for the destruction of a Rak-Gol vessel)
- 1/3 Endeavour requirement
- Trade (Cold Trade)
- 100/ 1000 Achievement Points requirement (100 added for the selling of Egrarian Maze Shards)
- 0/3 Endeavour requirement
Items of note
- Adamantium Vault
- Crystal Geode – ??
- 15 crystal growths of 2 to 2 and a half feet length – ??
- Three thin, hollow tubes of made of an unknown inert material – ??
- Achievements Unlocked
- Cashing Out – Found evidence of corruption in House Krin’s Koronus sub-sect
- Macro-Flagellation – Converted “heretic” cult members into Arco-Flagellants
- The better part of Valour – Did not engage Chorda in any way
- I believe in Sevilla – Successfully fund Precinct Koronus
- Chorda – Completed the Chorda Chapter
- Shiny and Chrome – Acquired a good-craftsmanship Component
- So Close…
- Dung-Eating Krin – Inconvenience Prefect Polanski in any way
- Familiar – Discovered Sabrina’s intentions
- Avant-Garde – Provoke a duel from Chorda, with her as the challenger
- Human Resources – Efficiently processed the “heretic” members of the cult
Outstanding and Extant Endeavours
While these are the current scales of the Endeavours you have and know, you are always free to expand or cut back on them as you will. Also due to the nature of Rogue Trader, Achievement Points are the name of the game, and we’re sort of stuck with them, unlike Deathwatch, wherein Kill Markers (their equivalent) can easily be ignored
Meta Endeavour = Colonize or bring into the Imperial Fold a planet as per the declaration of their Grand Endeavour, as noted in their Writ of Trade
Potential Award = 3 – 15 Profit Factor (Depending on planet and success)
- Base Components = May change according to circumstance
- Find a suitable target planet
- Establish personnel support from the Mechanicus for infrastructure construction and maintenance
- Secure surrounding space against threats
- Establish Missionaria Galaxia outpost on planet
- Establish Adeptus Administratum presence on planet
- Construct a Shrine/ Temple worthy of the Emperor on the planet
- Optional Components
- Gather colonists for settlement
- Survey planet and system for exploitable resources
Minor Exploration Endeavour = Supply Run for the Copper Priests (of Zayth)
Currently not pursued
Potential Award = ??
Major Military Endeavour = Find and destroy a Slaughter-Class Cruiser
Currently at 0 / 500
Potential Award = 3 – 5 Profit Factor
Back to your regularly scheduled programming, bought to you by What Magdalena was thinking of doing last session
You thought I wanna be the Guy was bad? Now there’s money on the line
Tetris. Full Stop
In case you missed it the first time
They took his girl, now, he’ll take their SOULS
This is Canon now